Many people in my practice comment that they seem to get sick less often, and that when they do succumb to cold, flu or infection of some kind, they recover faster. Here’s why:
“Chiropractic care optimizes whatever genetic abilities an individual has to resist disease.” ~ Dr. Ronald Peru, PhD, Chief of Cancer Prevention at New York’s Preventative Medicine Institute
Dr. Peru found that chiropractic patients had a 200% stronger immune system than people who had no chiropractic care, and a 400% greater immune competence than people with cancer or other serious diseases. This response was consistent throughout the entire group and showed no decline with age! In 2005 Dr. Peru also studied the benefits of chiropractic care on repairing DNA (the body’s building blocks) and he concluded that: “DNA repair is the highest or most effective in individuals who had no symptoms and who had been receiving chiropractic care for the longest period of time.”
Other studies have concluded that the optimal functioning of the immune system is critically dependent on the balance of the endocrine (hormone) and nervous systems. “Loss of this balance can lead to immune defects and can significantly contribute to the occurrence of allergy and autoimmune disease.”
From the inside-out, Chiropractic strengthens every part of your body.
This year, during “cold and flu season” give your body the best defense with a healthy spine! Some other tips to boost your immune system include:
1) Educate yourself on the flu vaccine and make an informed decision.
2) Wash your hands with soap throughout the day. Avoid antibacterial products.
3) Reduce/Minimize/Avoid sugar and processed foods. Load up on antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables.
4) Hydrate! Increase your water intake to continuously flush your system of toxins.
5) Move your body every day with some form of physical activity.
6) Use salt water rinses to flush your nostrils and gargle with it once a day. Salt water will help the proliferation of bacteria.
7) Get plenty of good quality sleep! Sleep is when your body heals and regulates many functions.
Give your body what it needs to function properly, and you’ll be surprised at how well your immune system will perform this winter!