Many people in my practice comment that they seem to get sick less often, and that when they do succumb to cold, flu or infection of some kind, they recover faster. Chiropractic care is not a treatment for your immune system, it’s simply one of the things you can be doing to keep your body healthy and support your resilience.
Some other tips to support your immune system include:
1) Wash your hands with soap throughout the day. Avoid antibacterial products.
2) Reduce/Minimize/Avoid sugar and processed foods. Load up on antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables.
3) Hydrate! Increase your water intake to continuously flush your system of toxins.
4) Move your body every day with some form of physical activity.
5) Use salt water rinses to flush your nostrils and gargle with it once a day. Salt water will help the proliferation of bacteria.
6) Get plenty of good quality sleep! Sleep is when your body heals and regulates many functions.
Give your body what it needs to function properly, and you’ll be surprised at how well your immune system will perform!